Over 40 years ago a group of Christian businessmen and professionals came together around a shared vision for reaching out to their younger colleagues in the marketplace. As a result they founded an organization called Young Business Leaders in Birmingham, AL. Their purpose was to offer both the tools and environment needed to facilitate holistic growth from a Christian perspective. So they began to host banquets, establish small groups, and help men form mentoring relationships. Soon their efforts began to flourish and they expanded to other areas, one of which was the Huntsville metro area.
In 2020, Young Business Leaders of Huntsville hired its second full-time staff in response to growing needs and opportunities. As the YBL Huntsville team grew, so did its vision. In order to expand their efforts they began to develop new strategies and programs, as well as strategic ministry partnerships, to more effectively reach their members at every stage of professional development. So in 2021 the board of YBL Huntsville voted to adopt this expanded vision and chose the new name Vantage Leadership Initiative. in 2022, the vision once again grew to include meeting the needs of women in the workplace. We hope you will join us for the journey ahead!
To build a community of Christians pursuing God’s call in every stage of life.
To see a growing community of spiritually mature leaders emerge who will impact their families, businesses, churches and communities for Christ.
Our Statement of Faith
Vantage is a Christian organization and we affirm the historic statements of faith found in the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed. Below is a summary of our beliefs.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three distinct roles: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word; it is divinely inspired, without error, and the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection, and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of new birth in unbelievers and indwells believers, enabling them to live godly lives.
- We believe mankind was created in the image of God, but because of sin was alienated from God. Salvation is possible through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone, whose sinless life, atoning death and victorious resurrection are the basis of redemption.
Our Leadership Team
Director of Community Engagement
Bob is a native Huntsvillian! He has been the YBL Director of North Alabama since 1998. He graduated from Grissom High School, has a BA from Auburn University , and M. Div. from The International School of Theology in Southern California. He and Jenni have been married 28 years and have raised 3 wonderful young men: Robert, John, and William. Bob loves all kinds of boating and fishing—and he is passionate about helping men walk with Christ in every aspect of their lives.
Nathan Eldridge is a native of Jackson, MS. He’s a graduate of William Carey University (BA) and Reformed Theological Seminary (MDiv). He has served as a full time staff member at churches in Mississippi and Alabama, and spoken at churches and events throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee.
After 14 years of full time vocational ministry he transitioned into the banking industry, working with business finances and mortgage lending. Then in 2020 he combined his background in vocational ministry with his network of relationships in the business community to focus on leadership development from a biblical perspective. He and his wife Terry have six children and live in South Huntsville. When he’s not at work or with his family, you can find Nathan fly fishing or somewhere on the Tennessee River.
Our Board of Directors